EASY RECYCLING TIPS & Local Information
1. Find a convenient place to collect recyclable items. Most things come from the kitchen, making it a good spot to set up a recycling center.
2. The great thing about recycling is that it lets you put your favorite old containers, bins, or baskets to use. Assign containers for glass, plastic, and aluminum. To avoid messes, choose solid containers for storing items such as glass jars or cans that may have a sticky residue.
3. If you don’t recycle your leftover plastic grocery bags with us, you can return them to grocery stores where they are collected and reused to make plastic lumber.
4. Check the bottom of plastic items to identify what type of plastic they are. If the type is not recycled at your local center, consider ways to reuse the container. WE ACCEPT PLASTIC # 1-7.
5. Rinsing out your cans and bottles is helpful. Please leave the labels on them for CRV identification.
6. Recycle junk mail or reuse it as scratch paper. To opt-out of certain junk-mailing lists, go to opt-out.cdt.org.
7. Newspapers, magazines, and white paper can all be recycled as long as the paper is clean and dry. Plastic wrap, stickers, or rubber bands should be removed.
8. Recycle worn-out rechargeable batteries like those used in cell phones, computers, or power tools. Go to www.recycledelnorte.ca.gov to find a drop-off location in your area.
9. Divvy up recycling duties among family members and sort items on a daily basis.
10. Print out a list of commonly recycled materials. Post it where you recycle for easy access.
11. Out of State Residents: California State Law states that we cannot accept recyclables from an out of state vehicle unless the driver has an identification card with a California address.
GREEN TIPS: Go to www.ehs.coumbia.edu/ReduceReuseRecycle.html
DEL NORTE SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY: 707-465-1100 OR GO TO: www.recycledelnorte.ca.gov
Waste & Curbside Recycling Pick-up: www.recologydelnorte.com
Chamber of Commerce: www.delnorte.org
Visitor’s Bureau: www.exploredelnorte.com