****NOTE: JULINDRA RECYCLING IS NOW CLOSED****
EASY RECYCLING TIPS & LOCAL INFORMATION
1. Find a convenient place to collect recyclable items. Most things come from the kitchen, making it a good spot to set up a recycling area.
2. You can put your favorite old containers, bins, or baskets to use! Assign containers for glass, plastic, and aluminum. To avoid messes, choose solid containers for storing items such as glass jars or cans that may have a sticky residue, and rinse materials properly.
3. We no longer take plastic bags. They should go in your garbage bin unless you are able to return them to the store.
4. Check the bottom of plastic items to identify type of plastic. If that type is not recycled at your local center, consider ways to reuse the container. We accept CRV Plastic # 1-7. The only non-CRV plastic we accept is #2 (milk jugs & detergent bottles). All plastic containers must be cleaned and rinsed before being placed in your recycling bin.
5. All CRV cans and bottles must be rinsed out or there may be a MINIMUM 2.5% (could be significantly more) deduction to amount paid out due to contamination. Please leave the labels on cans and bottles for easy CRV identification.
6. Recycle junk mail or reuse it as scratch paper. To opt-out of certain junk-mailing lists, go to opt-out.cdt.org.
7. Newspapers, magazines, and white paper can all be recycled as long as the paper is clean and dry, and bagged in a tied bag. Please do not dump loose paper or shredding into our windows. Bring shredded and office paper to the cashier. Plastic wrap, stickers, or rubber bands should be removed.
8. Recycle worn-out rechargeable batteries like those used in cell phones, computers, or power tools. Go to www.recycledelnorte.ca.gov to find a drop-off location in your area.
9. Divvy up recycling duties among family members and sort items on a daily basis.
10. Print out a list of commonly recycled materials. Post it where you recycle for easy access.
11. Out of State Residents/Vehicles: California Law states that we can only accept recyclables from an out-of-state vehicle if payout value of all items is $50 or under. Loads that are estimated to be over $50 will be rejected.
GREEN TIPS: Go to www.ehs.coumbia.edu/ReduceReuseRecycle.html
DEL NORTE SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY: 707-465-1100 OR GO TO: www.recycledelnorte.ca.gov
Waste & Curbside Recycling Pick-up: www.recologydelnorte.com
Chamber of Commerce: www.delnorte.org
Visitor’s Bureau: www.exploredelnorte.com